Friday, June 30, 2017

BOOK LAUNCH Q&A: JOSS LANDRY AUTHOR OF I CAN FIND YOU #booklaunch



Joss Landry has worked as a consultant for more than twenty years, writing copy for marketing firms and assisting start-up companies to launch their business. She recently made the switch from composing copy and promos, to writing fiction and prose. She is developing her style through courses and the support of other writers and is presently working on honing three other novels for publication.
Blessed with four children and six grandchildren, she resides in Edmonton, Alberta with her husband, a staunch supporter, and enjoys spending time biking, rollerblading, playing tennis, and swimming. She loves creating stories as she says they fulfill her need to think outside the box.

Her latest book is the urban fantasy/paranormal, I CAN FIND YOU (Emma Willis Series #2).

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK



BOOK BLURB:

Emma just turned fifteen. Her powers have spiraled to include unusual magic, and she gladly relies on Hank and Christina’s friendship to mark the way. Thomas Carson’s feelings for Emma have changed, her aunt Franka tells her—a young man her aunt describes as a young buck whose testosterone plays a big role in his life.  

New friends around Emma surprise her. They appear to be like nothing she could have imagined, and their goals stir more disturbance than their presence until she bumps into the scourge of her existence: entities who wish to control what humans do and say. She learns they are powerful, vindictive and will stop at nothing to obtain what they want. Will Emma be able to protect the people she loves?

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon


After your book was released, what was the first thing you did when getting ready for your book launch?

Well, my book I Can Find You, the second in the series of Emma Willis, will be launched on May 15, 2017 as a prelaunch to be launched on May 30. After this was determined, I finished editing another book, my sixth, called, What About Barnum. This book will be released sometime in July and is a Romance/fantasy/Sci-fi. I have since put my first book in the series of Emma Willis, I Can See You on sale to create publicity about the series. This is an urban fantasy and paranormal story that I find also inspirational.


After that, what was your next step?

The next step, the one I started a month ago, was to complete the sprucing up of my website: http://www.josslandry.com

Did you do anything different to spice up your website in lieu of your upcoming book release?

Yes, of course. I tried to spice it up as best as I could. I also installed a giveaway on Goodreads for I Can See You, first book in the series.

Did you ever consider using a PR agency to help you promote your book or did you prefer the DIY route?

I would love a PR agency to help promote my book. Not sure I would know who to contact.

Were finding reviews a top priority for you and, if yes, how did you approach that?

Finding reviews are always a top priority. I have used varied methods throughout the years as this is my sixth book to obtain reviews for my books. So, yes. Reviews are always important.

What are your views on social media for marketing your book?

Goodreads has done right by me in the past. I also belong to a lot of groups on Facebook and use twitter to tweet about any releases of new books.

What social media has worked best for you?

Goodreads is the social media I preferred, although Facebook has worked well in the past as has twitter in special occurrences.

Did you write a press release and do you think it worked for you?

Would be nice to have press releases planned. An excellent idea.

Did you revamp your author’s page at Amazon in any way to prepare for the launch (https://authorcentral.amazon.com/)?

I haven’t done this yet. I launch via Ingram and within 24 hours, the books are aggregated to Amazon, and all other other popular markets.

Did you have other books you offered for free in order to help sell your present book?

I will sometimes offer other authors’ books during a giveaway.

Did you set up booksignings and, if so, how did that work for you?

I have not set up booksignings yet.

Did you create a book trailer?

No. However, would love to launch a book trailer.
Did you time your book launch around a certain holiday?

No.

What was the best money you ever spent on your book launch?

All the above things combined.

Any tips for those authors wanting to set up a successful book launch?

I guess it would be to coordinate with someone like Dorothy Thompson and to plan some giveaways and promotions for people to take advantage of. I have also obtained a PCIP for the publishing page which will help me sell to libraries and stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment