Book Launch Q&A: Gina Heumann, Author of 'Love Never Quits' @pumpupyourbook


Gina Heumann is a true Renaissance woman: wife, mother, architect, designer, instructor, author, speaker, and sales rep for an award-winning Napa Valley winery. She and her husband, Aaron, adopted Landrey in 2001 from Guatemala and then went back for Maddox three years later. Gina’s love of learning and dedication as a mother inspired her research of different treatments and therapies that eventually led to this inspirational success story about conquering Reactive Attachment Disorder.

Her latest book is Love Never Quits: Surviving & Thriving After Infertility, Adoption, and Reactive Attachment Disorder.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:


Website Link: www.ginaheumann.com




After your book was released, what was the first thing you did when getting ready for your book launch?

I acquired a venue for the book release party, started promoting it on Facebook, created a game to play at the event, and invited everyone I knew!

After that, what was your next step?

I started looking for reviews and award programs I could enter. I also enlisted PUYB to help me with a virtual launch.

Did you do anything different to spice up your website in lieu of your upcoming book release?

I created a brand new website from scratch to promote the book and my speaking career.

Did you ever consider using a PR agency to help you promote your book or did you prefer the DIY route?

Yes… I have a meeting with a media consultant this week and hope to hire them to help me promote.

Were finding reviews a top priority for you and, if yes, how did you approach that?
 

Not yet, but I’m working on that now.

What are your views on social media for marketing your book?

Social media is a powerful marketing tool and I think it’s a great way to spread the word! I’m a fan of Facebook, but also use Instagram and LinkedIn regularly.

What social media has worked best for you?

My Facebook business page has quite a few followers and I get lots of engagement.

Did you write a press release and do you think it worked for you?

Not yet, but it’s on my list!

Did you revamp your author’s page at Amazon in any way to prepare for the launch (https://authorcentral.amazon.com/)?

My publishing consultant created my author’s page and she did a great job.

Did you have other books you offered for free in order to help sell your present book?

No.

Did you set up book signings and, if so, how did that work for you?

Working on that now… I’d love to do one with my local book store someday. Right now, I have a book release party scheduled in a couple weeks.

Did you create a book trailer?

Yes!

Did you time your book launch around a certain holiday?

I considered waiting for National Adoption Day, but that was so far in the future. I may release the audio book that day. For now, I just picked a day that worked with my schedule.

What was the best money you ever spent on your book launch?

Not sure yet, but I’m hoping it will be on my Virtual Book Launch!



WHACK… At three in the morning Gina was sound asleep, yet somehow she was smacked in the head. She looked over at her husband, thinking perhaps he accidentally rolled over and flopped his arm on top of her, but he was sleeping soundly and facing the opposite direction. She turned to the other side and glaring back at her was her eight-year-old child.

“Did you just hit me?”

“Yes, and I’d do it again.”

“Whyyyy?”

“Because you took away my video games.”

“That was EIGHT HOURS AGO. And you’re still mad about it?”

“I wish I could kill you.”

This is the true story of the hell one family lived through parenting a child with reactive attachment disorder, a severe diagnosis related to children who experienced early-childhood trauma.

This inspirational story covers over a decade of daily struggles until they finally found resolution and made it to the other side. The family remained intact, and this once challenging son is now achieving things never thought possible. 


ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment