Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Book Launch Q&A: Jennifer Oneal Price, Author of EmpowerEd #booklaunch @jennoprice @pumpupyourbook

Jennifer Price is a special education attorney in the Pittsburgh metro area who has received awards for her legal skills and advocacy.  As a former prosecutor, Attorney Price is very familiar with the courts and believes in making sure every child has an opportunity to succeed both in school and in life.  Her boutique law firm provides services protecting and defending against abuses of the criminal justice system, as well as the educational systems.  With 10 years of experience, Attorney Price’s advocacy has resulted in successes, including getting criminal charges withdrawn, preventing children from getting expelled out of school and federal civil rights lawsuits. Aa a speaker, she has presented at seminars and workshops and has also made regular television appearances for her legal opinions.

website & social links

Website →  www.jenniferpricelaw.com

Twitter →  twitter.com/jennoprice

 

This book outlines the progressive steps taken to address the educational needs of an exceptional child. From the Child Find process to filing a Due Process complaint, courts have addressed many legal issues. This book goes through court cases on some key issues from 2018 with an included workbook-style composition section after the cases. Parents and educational advocates will be able to read the cases and use the Thought Questions and composition space to take notes to better analyze their own case and advocate for their child’s educational rights.

Order yOur cOpy belOw

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2q0Ql2Q



 

After your book was released, what was the first thing you did when getting ready for your book launch?
 
I sent emails, with an excerpt of the book attached, to trade associations and community organizations that served a community of people I knew this book would help.
 
After that, what was your next step? 

I spoke with a media outlet I had previously done work for about doing a collaboration. I ended up putting on a workshop for parents at one of the local libraries and sold books at the event. It allowed me to leverage my relationship with another organization to host an event, while using their marketing resources, such as their email list.
 

Did you do anything different to spice up your website in lieu of your upcoming book release? 

Yes, I posted pictures of the cover of the book and took professional pictures of me holding the book in two different outfits - holiday and non-holiday.
 

Did you ever consider using a PR agency to help you promote your book or did you
prefer the DIY route? 


I considered it but my budget did not allow for it
 

Were finding reviews a top priority for you and, if yes, how did you approach that?
 

Reviews were very important to me. I went to a few websites that had book bloggers on it and emailed the bloggers I thought may have an interest in reading my book. It worked out with me getting reviews, but the process was a lot of work and researching each blogger took a lot of time.
 

What are your views on social media for marketing your book? 

It depends on what your goals are. I wouldn’t recommend it for trying to get sales of your book. Likes and retweets do not necessarily turn into dollar signs. However, it can be helpful if you’re looking to build a community about your book’s topic, in general. There is an audience on social media, but that audience may not click a link to purchase a book.
 

Did you write a press release and do you think it worked for you? 

I did write a press release, and it worked great! I sent it to the local newspapers in my metro area of Pittsburgh, the metro area where I went to school in the Twin Cities and in North Carolina, where I’m originally from.

Did you revamp your author’s page at Amazon in any way to prepare for the launch
(https://authorcentral.amazon.com/)? 


I did not edit the page in preparation for the launch.
 

I edited the Author page after the book published.
 

Did you have other books you offered for free in order to help sell your present book?
 

No, first book
 

Did you set up booksignings and, if so, how did that work for you? 

Book signings went well. I did a book signing at the local libraries and 3 independent bookstores.
 

Did you create a book trailer? 

Yes

Did you time your book launch around a certain holiday? 


I did not time it around a certain holiday, but I did incorporate a holiday marketing plan into my overall marketing plan.
 

What was the best money you ever spent on your book launch? 

Customized wrapping paper. I wanted a creative way to package the book for a reasonable price and wrapping paper was the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment