Monday, October 26, 2020

Book Launch Q&A: E.M. Power Author My Lions' Den #booklaunch


E. M. (Eva Marie) Power, was born and lived for the first nine-years of her life on the
Island of Guam.  She was adopted at birth and raised by a single Guamanian woman, Alfonsina Manyanona Duenas from the Southern Village of Talofofo, Guam.  E. M. (Eva Marie) Power moved stateside to Southern California at the age of nine and it is where she currently resides.  She is the mother of six children and the grandmother of four.  Just like she describes in this book, if ever in a Lions’ Den (life trial) she will always choose Faith! 

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/evalitamarie

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/authorempower/?hl=en


 




This is my personal story of my trial with Domestic Abuse.  This book was not intended to sensationalize Domestic Abuse.  It is not to portray my abuser in a bad light or as an enemy.  Abuse has no prejudices.  Abuse may occur no matter a person’s religion, non-religion, race, economic income level, profession, culture, gender, or age.  Abuse may happen at any time and to anyone.  Yes, that means you too.  If you think you would never be the victim of abuse, you risk being gravely mistaken (pun intended).  Domestic Abuse may take place within any relationship type.  There is no formula, medicine, vaccine, proven theory, amount of therapy, answer or cure.  The abuser is not always someone that had ever been a victim themselves.  The abuser is not always someone that has witnessed violence or abuse.  By sharing my personal story, I hope to give you a better understanding of abuse in order to prevent this life trial to be your story too.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/31OZXhA


 

After your book was released, what was the first thing you did when getting ready for your book launch?

I created a landing page for book orders to be placed and posted the release on both my Facebook and Instagram accounts.

After that, what was your next step?

I reached out to a reputable online book review company to write a review.  Due to capitalizations and incorrect verb tenses, the book received 3 out of 4 stars.

Did you do anything different to spice up your website in lieu of your upcoming book release?

No, I did not.  I do not have a current author website.  I just have a landing page.

Did you ever consider using a PR agency to help you promote your book or did you prefer the DIY route?

I had not considered a PR agency.  Cost is a factor, so I will opt to do as much myself and to the best of my abilities as much as possible.

Were finding reviews a top priority for you and, if yes, how did you approach that?

I was anxious to receive the initial reviews because it was my first book.  I wanted unbiased reviews, so I reached out to a reputable online book review company.

What are your views on social media for marketing your book?

I believe social media and the internet in general is the future of all mass information.  It is very important to utilize all platforms of information technology.

What social media has worked best for you?

Frankly, I only have accounts on Facebook and Instagram.  I have had my Facebook account for over a decade and am most familiar with that platform.

Did you have other books you offered for free in order to help sell your present book?

This is my first book.  I did not have any offers.

Did you set up booksignings and, if so, how did that work for you?

I am unable to set up in person book signings, due to the pandemic.

Did you time your book launch around a certain holiday?

No, I did not.  I did time the virtual book tour for October which is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

What was the best money you ever spent on your book launch?

I only spent money for the online book review and for the upcoming virtual book tour.

Any tips for those authors wanting to set up a successful book launch?

I would research successful book launches and try to implement all concepts like in a checklist format. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment