Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Book Launch Q&A: Dr. Anne Watson, Author of FLASH! #booklaunch @pumpupyourbook

Anne Watson is a Canadian author and educator and co-author of So You Have to Go to Court! A Child’s Guide to Testifying as a Witness in Child Abuse Cases with Wendy Harvey. She was raised in England, trained as a teacher, and after starting teaching in Canada at Thistletown Regional Centre School for Emotionally Disturbed Children, she then taught in the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, and in Palm Beach County USA. Just before beginning doctoral studies in Special Education Psychology at U. of T., she travelled right around the world. Once a doctor, she became a Prof at UBC and later at Trent U., then switched to doing psychoeducational assessments (CSI of the brain!). After 30 years of midnight oil reports and early morning parent meetings she retired to concentrate on writing and art. Her calling is to help people contact their Inner Voice – the Universe – by fast tracking open brain states using EEG devices, some of which can be glimpsed in a couple of scenes in her just finished movie, “A Thousand Reasons.” She has two successful adult kids and one almost grown up granddaughter.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Twitter Link: @Post_Hypnotic



About the Book:


If we have intuitions (and we do) where do they come from? Where, in us, do they arrive? What, in us, allows us to receive and interpret them? And why? Why do we get them?

Fourteen years of research, often waiting for the science to catch up with a vision sent to me by the Universe, these questions are answered in lay terms for the wonderment and affirmation of those interested in energy from another plane.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/37U1Fi7



 
After your book was released, what was the first thing you did when getting ready for your book launch?
Check dates and venues for availability then generate a poster ad for online and around-town postering.

After that, what was your next step?
Arrange with publisher for delivery of books to sell at the reading.

Did you do anything different to spice up your website in lieu of your upcoming book release?
I added the ad to my site.

Did you ever consider using a PR agency to help you promote your book or did you prefer the DIY route?
I have a publisher. Other than promoting online on my own and on my author facebook site, I expected my publisher would promote. (This engagement with Pump Up
Your Book is the publisher now using a PR agency.) I thought such PR agencies were for self-publishers. I expected Post Hypnotic press to look after the PR, and they are!

Were finding reviews a top priority for you and, if yes, how did you approach that?
I have asked purchasers to write a review, of anything they liked in the book. So far, no reviews. It’s very discouraging. I have heard verbally from people who said they loved the book, had read parts of it twice, etc, but no one has accepted the invitation to review.

What are your views on social media for marketing your book? 
I can’t imagine many things more powerful for marketing.

What social media has worked best for you?
Facebook.  I cancelled Instagram because I didn’t know how to make a comment without the post disappearing. I find Twitter too bite-y. Need more space. Facebook is my love.

Did you write a press release and do you think it worked for you? 
No, again, I left that up to my publisher.

Did you revamp your author’s page at Amazon in any way to prepare for the launch?
No, I totally forgot about it. Until this moment.

Did you have other books you offered for free in order to help sell your present book?
No. Good idea except I have only one book still in print that I can do that with, and I have pulled it from circulation until I revise it preparatory to selling it as a page-to-screen script. The other books are way beyond in-print dates.

Did you set up booksignings and, if so, how did that work for you?
I have tried, but the one at Chapters had been postponed until I return from Mexico in July.

Did you create a book trailer?
No. I asked a local video/film company but they wanted money I didn’t have.

Did you time your book launch around a certain holiday?
No, I timed it for a day of the week when no productions were on offer in Peterborough, but it turned out three big theatre productions were rehearsing that night.

What was the best money you ever spent on your book launch?
Buying drinks and food for the attendees’ comfort. Few came, but those who did had a good time and we had interesting discussions sparked by the book readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment